We will pick you up from your hotel at 5:30 a.m. A bus will take you to the native community of San Pedro de Cachora. Here you will meet your cook, porters, and muleteers. After meeting your group, you will start the trek. At your arrival to Capuliyoq, you will eat a delicious lunch prepared by your cook. After lunch, you will continue your hike until you arrive to the camp of Chikiska where you will be able to enjoy the fruit of the area and your dinner.
After a nutritious breakfast, you will start your hike towards the ruins of Choquequirao. At this point all the trek is uphill. Upon our arrival to the native community of Marampata, your lunch will be served. After lunch, you will continue with your trek. About 5:00p.m., we will arrive to our camp located at Inca terraces. Here you will observe a beautiful sunset and then you will enjoy your dinner.
After breakfast walk back to Chiquisqa. On the way we observe the Apurimac canyon and lush vegetation and variety of flowers and orchids. Walking time is approximately 10 hours. Altitude: 3033-1950 m. Lunch at Playa Rosalinda and then continue to Chiquisqa. Here we spent the night in our camp.
Early, after breakfast (5:00 am), we continue to reach Cachora. On the hike we can appreciate the majestic snowcapped Padrayoc again. Walking time to reach Cachora is about 7 hours. Arrival at Cusco approximately at 10 pm.
• One sleeping bag per person: our sleeping bags are -18ºC-comfort (0ºF), mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips, can also be hired in our office for US$20.
• One pillow per person
• Well worn-in waterproof walking boots: Good quality, comfortable footwear is essential. Whatever you wear on your feet the most important thing is comfort. It is vital to ensure your boots are well worn in and lightweight.
• Waterproof clothing: A plastic poncho is recommended and can be purchased easily for approximately USD 2.
• A plastic bag to keep clean and dry your staff in your bag pack and duffle bag.
• A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
• Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
• Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended
• Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping
• Light wear (t-shirt, short pants) to hike on the jungle
• Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions) near please to charge the battery with electricity is the 3er day afternoon on the camp site.
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
• Sun block
• Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
• Toilet paper
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
• Water container and water for the first morning. Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into Machu Picchu. Plastic water containers or metal ones are recommended
• Optionally: water- sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route. Otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink and has not reported any health problem so far
• Small towel
• Swimsuit (if you wish to go to the hot springs in AGUAS CALIENTES)
• Cash in soles
• Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage archaeological sites)
• Original Passports
• Trek Map(Will be provide in the briefing day)
We can hire the following to you:
• Sleeping Bag suitable for – 10deg PRICE: USD 20 DOLLARS
• Walking stick lightweight aluminum - Two sticks are recommended for tough hikes. PRICE: USD 15 DOLLARS
• Single tent supplement (if you don’t want to share a tent) PRICE: USD 20 DOLLARS
USD $ 550